Sunday, March 31, 2013

The foundation for my book

A few years ago, I was faced with the knowledge I was losing my best friend.  She was fighting a battle I feared she wouldn't win, and she didn't. 

And it got me thinking.  I've written for years for a Minnesota magazine for women, and have a "writer's brain" I'd love to quiet down once in a while... but it rarely does.  So, my "what if?" brain kept bugging me, asking me "what would you do if you lost all your closest friends at once?"

It was a floodgate of thoughts, emotions, situations, solutions... and it became a story that took on a life of it's own (as they usually do.)  I am finally at the stage where I'm ready to give wings to this women's fiction book, that has felt like a child born years ago, one which I worried over so much I thought I'd never feel comfortable setting it free!  Now, to hunt down an agent...

It's time now.  Mostly because there are other women in my head who won't stop jabbering, itching to tell their stories in my next novels.  And so, to keep myself from going crazy, I've got to let them have their say!

The empty towels symbolize her friends she's lost

4 comments:

  1. You gotta let those stories out! If you add the followers button to your blog (it's in the dashboard layout, add a gadget), I'll be your first follower! Also, if you want to quickly add followers and get some great exposure and writing practice, join the A to Z blogging Challenge. You can read more about it on my blog.
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, it's easier to leave comments if you turn off the word verification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see the follower button. It's in the add a gadget part of your dashboard. Great bio and history of why and what you're writing. You were born to be a writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a book worth writing and reading.

    ReplyDelete